As 2019 comes to an end and the cold dry weather kicks into high gear, we bet you’re suffering from dry elbows, knees, hands, and feet right about now or will be before the season is over. For some of us, the development of chronically cracked, irritated skin is like clockwork once the indoor heat starts blasting. Fortunately, with a bit of proactive know-how, you can avoid the uncomfortable feeling and unsightly look of winter skin that looks like a desert landscape!
Here are a few expert tips and products to help with dry elbows, knees, and feet:
- Avoid harsh cleansers containing abrasive ingredients like alcohol. Instead, choose products formulated for the look and feel of dry, sensitive skin.
- Avoid extreme hot or cold water temperatures while washing, and steer clear of fragrances or dyes, which can also irritate.
- Do not over-exfoliate, which robs your skin of essential oils. In the shower, avoid hot water and sudsing up your dry areas, which will strip away vital moisture. Try rinsing with warm water instead.
Products that work in synergy to enhance the appearance of the skin all over your body are essential to keeping your elbows, knees, and feet feeling soft and healthy-looking. We recommend selecting a complete body range to manage your winter skin from head to toe.
Body Skin Care Ingredients
- Lactic Acid – helps soften the feel of callouses, exfoliates, and energizes
- Vitamin A, C, E Oil – these antioxidants assist in nourishing and relieving the appearance of dry skin
Skin Care Secret: Add Cosmetic Body Rolling To Your Skin Care Routine
- The first step to jump-start your skin’s healing process is to prepare your skin by adding a cosmetic body roller to your body skin care regimen after your shower or bath. This hand-held rolling device is embedded with durable, stainless steel micro-needles which enhance the effectiveness of the body skin care products. Caution, you only need to apply mild pressure while rolling the device across your skin.
- Your second step is applying a super hydrating skin care formula containing lactic acid (for exfoliation), and ammonium lactate and urea, scientifically known to help soothe the feel of skin. This helps to remove surface dull, dry skin so your skin can better retain moisture.
- Next, seal in moisture with a light conditioning oil packed with high concentrations of vitamins A, C, and E, as well as ingredients such as rosemary and jojoba to help replenish and repair the look of tired skin. You can apply a thin layer of this body oil to your skin twice a day.
Depending on your needs, our Environ stockists may direct you to other formulations in our Body Range. Environ’s Body Range includes Hand and Nail Cream, Multivitamin Moisturiser, Vitamin A, C & E Body Oil Forte, and Body Profile Lotion with Massage Glove. To discover the ideal products for you this winter, call 877.337.6227 to locate an Environ stockist near you.